Videos from the Slidedeck…
Watch the following three part video on Plant Transport: xylem and phloem. Take notes using the Cornell Method. submit.
Pollinators in Peril
Part One: Answer the following questions while watching the video segment, “Colony Collapse Disorder.”
- What is the name given to the disappearance of a large group of bees at one time?
- List four possible reasons for the disappearance of the world’s bees:
- What are the effects of colony collapse disorder?
- Why do many farmers need bees? Use specific information from the video segment to explain your answer.
Part Two: Answer the following questions in complete sentences while watching the video segment “Bees’ Disappearance: What’s the Impact?”
- What caused the elimination of the bees in the South Sichuan Province?
- After the loss of the bees, how did pear growers get the trees to produce fruit?
- Can farmers in the Canada use the method discussed in the last question on their farms? Why or why not?
- How could this loss of bees affect the Canada?
Part Three: Go to PBS Nature and read the article ‘Impact of CCD on US Agriculture’.
Complete a 3, 2, 1 on the article…
3 things you learned, 2 things that were intriguing/interesting and 1 rich question you are left with.
Final Thoughts: In the comment section below, personally reflect on what you used to know about pollination and bees and what you currently understand. Do you have concerns, what supports would you suggest to alleviate these concerns? What are ‘our’ next steps?
It must be a good paragraph to explain (3 ideas).
Videos and Article
Please veiw the following videos to complete the ‘Pollinators in Peril’ assignment.
When My Work is Finished...
All work that is to be turned in digitally will be done through our Teams site. Login into Teams using the link provided.
Please submit in .doc, .docx, .pdf etc. Apple extensions need to be converted into Microsoft compliant forms.