- Is there a difference between inference, assumption and conclusion?
- Do you know what each of those distinctly mean?
- How about the types of inference… Induction, deduction and abduction
Step One… Article
- Take your inference article.
- Do a quick read through before you look at the questions.
- Reread your article and complete the questions.
Step Two… Group Meeting
- Meet in your group – there will be one person per article.
- Share your inferences that you made about your element.
- Take some notes about others inferences. Fill in the chart.
Step Three… Personal Reflection
- Take a moment to reflect on the idea of making inferences in science (and in general)
- When might their be benefits to do so?
- When might making inferences be detrimental (not-beneficial).
- Hand in your reflection in the Teams dropbox.