Optical Technology and Devises
Every day we use a variety of machines that use light and optic technologies in order to create pictures and images. In this assignment, you will select three types of light and optical technologies from the list below and then research them online using the websites provided or other reputable websites. Follow the instructions below when researching your selected optical technologies. Write all of the responses in your own words and once complete submit to the Teams submission box.
Select and research any three (3 only!!) of the following light and optical technologies:
- solar ovens
- photonics use in early diagnosis of diseases
- fiber optics for communications
- stadium lights that reduce light pollution
- vision sensors for food safety
- Provide a clear and concise definition of the optical technology.
- Use the information below to help guide your explanation of how the optical technology works:
- types of lenses used
- how refraction and reflection are used in the technology
- which section of the EM spectrum it falls under
- Be sure to use words and diagrams to help your explanation.
- How has this technology improved safety or energy efficiency?
- What are the benefits of this technology to society?
- What disadvantages are associated with the technology?
When My Work is Finished...
All work that is to be turned in digitally will be done through our Teams site. Login into Teams using the link provided.
Please submit in .doc, .docx, .pdf etc. Apple extensions need to be converted into Microsoft compliant forms.