Thinking of reproduction…. and thinking of the human side of this!
Check out the ‘Are You Popular?’
So now let’s have a look at the advancements that have occurred in the area of reproduction.
Working in teams you will investigate one of the many aspects of reproductive technology.
You will as a group add slides to our class powerpoint.
Click through to add your research!
- Cloning in plants (grafting, tissue samples – what is it? What are the benefits of that type of cloning? Is it natural or man-inflicted? Ecological repercussions?)
- Cloning in animals (history of it… how far have we come? How is done? Rates of Success? Ethics?)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Fertility Drugs
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Stem Cells
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- What advancements have been made in the last ten years?
- Does it require outside interventions… is it on going or one time?
- Is it first resort to conceive?
- Cost? Covered by OHIP?
- Picture or diagram?