We have looked into the taxonomy around what makes a bacteria a bacteria and not a protist!! Now it is time to look into a few different types of each of these so that you have a bettter understanding of them.
The Internet has become a valuable resource in doing research. Not only can you find articles by scientists and other notable researchers but you can also find news articles that explain the science. In this assignment you are going to explore the Internet in an effort to find out more about bacteria.
- Using the Internet find three sources for information about five bacteria (at least one from Archaebacteria and Eubacteria). Also one must be a bacteria that HELPS us somehow – that benefits humans in some way.
- Create a table like the one below to present your research.
Bacteria name (give binomial nomenclature) Three sources with website addresses General characteristics Impact on human health or the environment Other interesting facts
Protists are an interesting kingdom of organisms. Many are useful and do not pose a risk to human health. But, there are others that can cause severe illnesses. In fact, there are branches of medicine that focus on the diseases caused by protists.
In this assignment you will examine the branches of medicine that deal with protists. At the same time you might consider these as a profession you may want to pursue. You will also research a number of medical conditions caused by these protists.
- Using the Internet research and describe the professions that focus on pathogenic protozoans. The professions you are to research are:
- Doctor of tropical medicine
- Doctor of infectious diseases
- Using the Internet find three sources for information about five pathogenic protozoans. Create a table like the one below to present your research.
Protozoan name (give binomial nomenclature) Three sources with website addresses General characteristics of the organism Impact on human health as well as symptoms they cause Other interesting facts