Computer Activity: Animal Mitosis Microscope Lab
- Click on the blue title link ‘The Cell Cycle’.
Read the ‘Content’ section and note any information that is important or details that you did not already know.
- Now click on the ‘Assignment’ tab at the top of the screen. Download the worksheet and open the ‘Microscope MME’. This will take you to a virtual microscope lab.
- Complete all sections of the worksheet (do the physical drawings on a separate sheet of paper – submit in class), save the worksheet and submit via the ‘Courseware’ in the SBI3C group on our blog.
Tablet Activity: Cancer
- Download this worksheet file and then click on the following links to complete it.
- News Alerts(Activity 2)
- Cell Cycle Animations (Activity 2)
- **In addition to the worksheet please record a podcast of your ORGANIZED thoughts about the following items …
- The most interesting thing I learned about cancer today was…. because… (give at least 2 reasons why it was interesting)
- Cancer touches all of our lives in some way, how have you or will you try to lessen the chances of cancer impacting your life?
- **These podcasts will be collected and shared with the class.
SMART board Activity
- go to ‘Cells Alive‘ and complete the worksheet provided in class.
- go to ‘The Incredible MegaCell’ and complete the game!!
- Using our textbook ‘Investigating Science 10′, turn to pages 22-24. There are two Inquiry Activities to complete. You will be responsible for completing the ‘Procedure’, ‘Analyzing and Intrepreting’, ‘Skill Practise’ and ‘Forming Conclusions’ sections.
- Get a microscope too!!
- Complete the ‘Play-clay Cell’ activity!!!! Using the Play-clay construct a plant and animal cell. Include all organelles… use any of the colours you want. Either draw or take a picture (cell phone or camera). Make sure you label the cells. Hand in any physical drawings and any digital pics post into your LiveBinders.